Loading

Deceive With The Deceiver: Misdirect!




A recent post with my Deceiver vs. Jawaballs’ furioso dreads brought up the question about the C’Tan ability to misdirect…which reminded me to throw out a few ideas on the blog here…

Sure you can pull out of combat with misdirect to then charge in for the extra attack, but I’ve found a better use for it in protecting the Deceiver from getting shot at.

Is it worth shooting the Deceiver- sure he has a 4+ invul and high T, but with no real targets for all those melta and las cannon shots even a 50% chance of causing a wound is good. Often what I try to do is lock the Deceiver in a swarm like combat as soon as I can- vs. full tactica squads or large gaunt squads, etc. Something where I’ll never kill them all and have tar pitted the C’Tan. This protects him from shooting till I want to free him, but even better it gives my opponent a false sense of security that the C’Tan has been neutralized. Now its safe to bring up those assault terminators to go thump on my “helpless” warriors I’ll often bring the warriors near the C’Tan locked in combat just for this, and then when said assault termies get close, misdirect out of combat and then pounce on the termies. Misdirect is great for this- letting your opponent think the golden boy is out of the game, only to have him sprung on them…

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

3 comments: on "Deceive With The Deceiver: Misdirect!"

elmahnken said...

Fritz: 2 problems. First, the Deciever can be shot at in combat due to the Above All Others rule. Second, he only muisdirects in the enemy assault phase, and cannot misdirect into close combat. So those assault termies already got to my helpless warriors. For shame, Fritz.

Behold said...

Above all others part you're referring is for target priority tests, which no longer exist.

cruise said...

And second, that's why it works. You misdirect out of assault in their turn so you're free to assault in yours, before the termies get to the warriors. For shame, elmahnken :P